oxide team mailing list archive

Oxide call notes - 29 March 2016

*1. Releases*

1.13.9 - released and OTA-10
1.14 is wrapped https://launchpad.net/oxide/+milestone/branch-1.14

*2. Features and bugs*

   - https://launchpad.net/oxide/+milestone/branch-1.15
   - Osomon's https://code.launchpad.net/~osomon/oxide/zoomFactor
   - Alex's quota & accelerometer branches need a new update
   - webrtc camera : front camera should be the default one (#1563398
   <https://launchpad.net/bugs/1563398> )
   - pulse audio input source filtering : no known API to get a good
   filtered output
   - scrollbars switch for convergence UC: waiting for a design input; what
   should trigger the switch ? probably the same trigger that mir/unity8 send
   to apps.

*3. Misc topics*

Media-Hub integration

   - The current MH integration keeps needing updates because of internal
   Chrome changes
   - Upstream is switching away from the internal MediaPlayer API we
   currently use
   - Audio background playback for webapps is NOT a standard or W3C defined
   feature, but it is present on other platforms as well (Android, iOS),
   because of the way it has been implemented / delegated to a system service
   so far
   - We may need stop supporting audio background playback moving forward;
   up until it is more clearly defined as a standard feature
   - There is also the MH arbitration feature which is ready (merged) on
   the MH side, and the Oxide branch status needs to be checked

For reference: the upstream discussion on switching to the desktop media
stack on Android as well:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=507834