p2psp team mailing list archive

Design, implementation and integration of a graphical user interface for the Peer in the P2PSP python implementation.

hi my name is krishna i wanted to know a bit more about the project and the
expected outcomes.Recently i ran the p2psp server in my system and went
through the python bindings of videolan.The p2psp streams the video say in
url  http://xyz.com/abc.mp4. Currently the peer has to open this video
using the command vlc http://xyz.com/abc.mp4.

The project aim is to make the user use only one command xterm ­e
"./peer.py ­­splitter_host 192.168.15.4" and make them play the video
player too without the requirements of any vlc pre installed. We have to
code the player using python and vlc.py(videolan python binding) and then
the script has to be linked to the peer.py.

Am i missing something and are there any more additions that we can work on
in case the project gets completed because already the vlc api
documentation is well written.Also i wanted to ask if we can use other
modules that come with python for ui for making buttons like gtk, pygtk

Follow ups