p2psp team mailing list archive

Playing Icecast stream using libvlc and pygame

Hi everyone,

I have written a small script which uses libvlc and pygame to play a
network stream from icecast server.

I just wanted to confirm  if i am heading in right direction i.e embedding
vlc  on a pygame surface for integrating a GUI, a player and a P2PSP peer.

After my research I found out that pygame surface can be embedded in a GTK
app using Gtk.DrawingArea.So I am hoping to embed vlc on a pygame surface
in a GTK app.

I have attached a screenshot playing Icecast
stream(Big_Buck_Bunny_small.ogv) with vlc in a pygame_window .

Regards,
Prince