p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: GSOC Proposal[Android]

Thanks for the feedback, and pointing to the this crucial fact (overlooked
by me).

Earlier I was of opinion that encoding was going to be done on the server
side, as doing any kind of encoding on device would force us to meddle with
JNI which will essentially make the app less-portable between devices
running on dalvik and devices running on ART(mainly lollipop devices).

And the API will play an important part such as informing about stopping of
live stream etc.

In the revised proposal doc, I would give much higher preference to
encoding and streaming issue.

I will start looking into kickflip sdk and keep the point raised by you
into consideration.

May I ask for one more help, in order to define milestones in more concrete
manner, ideal way would be try out on some examples from sdk, and emulate
the effort done so far in this direction, but I think it would be better if
you could guide me to define the milestone more concretely.

I am clear about the deliverable, however I need help in defining the
milestones, ie what must be deliverable by midterm, ( or more finer
timeline ).

Regards.