p2psp team mailing list archive

Query about Chromecast extension for P2PSP.

In the GSoC ideas page for P2PSP, the 13th idea states Chromecast support
for P2PSP. There are two ways of providing chromecast support to a project.
One is through a Google Cast API (which is used by Google play music,
netflix etc ) but google has strict guidelines and restrictions on these
users. However, the other method is through a Google Cast Extension which
is easier because Chromecast offers WebRTC support. The only problem,
however, with this is since Chromecast will create a lightweight HTML5 page
every time data is sent through the <video> tag of HTML5, the data will be
encoded and transmitted. This requires better computers which may not be
available to our users at all times. Since the position of a peer in a
network on P2PSP is extremely important considering the DBS set of rules, I
don't think this will be a viable option.
I request you to kindly assist me with this.
Regards
Annanay Agarwal
cs14btech11001@xxxxxxxxxx

Follow ups