p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: REST WebService Project Proposal for GSOC

Hi,

I've just updated my proposal on the google-melange system. I added more
details to the 2nd question.

Here is the implementation plan to the idea I've chosen.
I will implement a REST API module for the P2PSP. It will have 2 endpoints
for now. One of them is for Video posting, other one is to get created
splitter information. When user POST video data to this endpoint,
WebService will create a new splitter instance with an random open port and
redirect video to that instance. API response to client with a friendly URL
which contains assigned Splitter ID. WebService stores IP & port
information in its memory for each Splitter instance. When an user visits
given friendly URL, WebService will respond user to splitter information
(IP & Port).

Thanks,