packaging-training-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: On-Call Review

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Daniel
Holbach<daniel.holbach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> James and I are thinking we should run sessions like these much more
> often. Maybe I should bring this up on ubuntu-devel@lists.u.c instead,
> but I thought I'd run it past you first.

>From what I was able to see from the logs, it looked like this session
got a much better response than other sessions we have done in the
past. I would definitely be in support of holding a similar type of
session on a regular basis (maybe once a month or once every other
month). My only concern is that these types of sessions are not as
useful for people reading the logs. Most of our other types of
sessions provide great documentation on their respective subjects. For
instance, I can point someone to the logs from our Packaging Perl
Modules session, and they could use those logs to learn how to package
a perl module. These on-call review sessions for the most part, are
only useful for people who are able to attend. The only information
the logs can provide is some information about how to resolve some
common mistakes.

On a slightly different note, is someone interested in coordinating
the sessions for the rest of August or September?

Nathan