packaging-training-coordinators team mailing list archive

New Plan to Find Session Leaders

Hello everyone,

One of the hardest parts about organizing a classroom session is
finding people who are willing to lead a session. We often are forced
to go to the same people over and over again. I would like to propose
that instead of trying to recruit the older developers, we focus on
recruiting new developers. For example, just like Daniel used to
request new MOTUs to answer some questions for the Behind MOTU series,
we could encourage them to lead a classroom session. These new
developers have obviously been doing something in the community
(otherwise they would not have become developers). They are probably
capable of leading a session at some point during the next month or
two (remember, we can change dates/times to work for them if
necessary). Eventually, it will simply become the "norm" for new
developers to lead a classroom session.

I am not saying we cannot still approach older developers, this is
merely an idea to make it easier for us to find new people to lead
classroom sessions (particularly packaging training sessions).

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Nathan

Follow ups