packaging-training-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: off the team

Hello,

On 30.03.2010 09:52, leoquant wrote:
> I get off the team.
>
> - - I have many potential candidates  approached via email. Got no
> response, or very little response.
> - - Have to ping many candidates via IRC, it felt like "stalking",
> disturbing their daily routine.
> - - Some members were interested to give some lessons, but the
> emailcontact stopped suddenly after a period, (emailed them again with
> no results) especially when we have te become more concrete: date,
> time and content of the lessons.
> - - I get not enough done in this way for the team.
>
> possible causes:
>
> - - My "rough" Englisch.
> - - I am not known with the techn. site of packaging.
> - - I am not known as a developer myself, no "authority".

I'm very very sorry to read this, but can understand your decision. I
will only speak for myself: I'm sorry I didn't give you the support you
deserved. I think you were left alone with the task of reviving the
team. It's a shame I didn't help you more. Your work was fantastic.

I personally don't think that any of the causes you listed was the
reason, but more the support you didn't get.

Thanks so much for all you did. I will take your example and try to put
more effort into this for the 10.10 cycle.

Thanks again,
 Daniel