packaging-training-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: Reusing the training efforts from others in new formats

Hello Efrain,

thanks a lot for your mail and sorry for my month-long silence on the
topic. :-/

Am 10.05.2011 14:50, schrieb Efrain Valles:
> I have been keeping an eye on training for a bit, me being interested
> in learning more about Ubuntu and Kubuntu development. Unfortunatelly
> I missed this mornings session at UDS regardind Initiatives for Ubuntu
> Development. I wanted to add elements that do not necesarilly fall
> into initiatives. But rather checking docs to se what can be reused or
> relaunched in some form to promote development participation.
>
> For Instance, Harvest has changed a lot recently, but rediting the
> talks Daniel has given about Harvest in other formats, like a blog
> post or maybe a series of tips sent via identi.ca, or a live session.
> Could really make the people aware of the usage of the tool and help
> improving it.
>
> Live sessions presented by different people with the participation of
> a group of people with skill could help bring discussions in a less
> rigid format and less preassure for all :)
>
>  This would be easily brought to a live session, For instance I tried
> finding Kubuntu Oportunities with Harvest one day and felt completelly
> confused. We won't find patches regarding Kubuntu packages in
> launchpad unless the upstream app uses launchpad, (Only Katapult that
> I know of). What one learns everyone else learns.

If we find that Harvest takes a bit of getting used to, we could ask
Dylan McCall, who put loads of work into it, to give a session about it.

Would anyone be willing to reach out to him?

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved with Ubuntu Development: http://identi.ca/ubuntudev