Fw: Crowd-Funding Linux Graphics Card Driver Development?

Sorry link go mangled in the last email here is the right one: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-me-to-become-a-mesa-contributor/x/2053460

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Timothy Arceri <t_arceri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Ubuntu Ninjas <papercuts-ninja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, 2 August 2013 5:54 PM
Subject: Crowd-Funding Linux Graphics Card Driver Development?

Hi Guys,

Not sure if it appropriate to post this on this mailing list or not. But the list has been inactive for a while now so I thought why not. As a former regular contributor to papercuts I figure I can get away with it this once.

I thought I would post here about a small project I have
started on Indiegogo trying to get funding to improve the open source
graphics drivers o Linux.

Over the years many have brought up the
idea of crowd funding open source graphics driver development but not
much has come of it. A few days ago I setup a small scale experiment to
see if it could actually work. Rather than go all out trying to raise
a huge sum of money I have setup a small project on indiegogo as a type
of proof of concept to see whether a larger project would really be
viable. To make things a bit more interesting if I reach my stretch goal
I will dedicate some of the time towards creating some documentation on
Mesa based on my understanding of Mesa throughout development. This
would hopefully be useful to others considering contributing but with no
idea where to start.

To see more information on what the project
is all about please follow the link below to my indiegogo campaign.
Thanks for your time, and feel free to ask me any questions you may
have.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/he...utor/x/2053460

I'm also interested in feedback on my campaign and what you think I can improve. Oh and feed free to ask me any questions.

Cheers,
Tim