Re: Google Code In 2013

On 11 October 2013 11:53, Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Diego Turcios <diegoturciostc@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am writing to the following lists, because I think the Ubuntu Community
>> has a great potencial for the Google Code In 2013.
>> https://www.google-melange.com/gci/homepage/google/gci2013
>>
>> Is there any posibility to sign up Ubuntu. We have until the 28 of
>> October for doing it, filling the documentation and other stuff.

Thanks Diego for your interest, and Paul for the ping :)

I suspect Ubuntu in GCI would be difficult this year; there are very few
organisations selected, and they are generally chosen because they have had
routine success participating in GSoC in the past. As Ubuntu has not been
able to participate the last few years, that would make it a tough sell.
Still, if you're interested in pursuing it I can assist with the process.

--

Luke Faraone;; Debian & Ubuntu Developer; Sugar Labs; MIT SIPB
lfaraone on irc.[freenode,oftc].net -- https://luke.wf/ohhello