[Blueprint other-design-p-papercuts-shine] One Hundred Papercuts will make Ubuntu shine

Blueprint changed by Alberto Salvia Novella:

Whiteboard changed:
- *********
-  TARGET
- *********
-
- WHAT WE WANT TO GET
- - The Ubuntu experience to be a pleasure.
-
- HOW WE WANTED IT TO BE LIKE, IN DETAIL
- - Bug management to be agile and simple.
- - Unable to find small flaws in the desktop.
- - Have the impression the desktop is rock solid.
- - Feel that the Ubuntu desktop usage experience is the most reliable of any operating system.
- - Feel the Ubuntu usage like a toy.
- - Getting involved in Ubuntu development to be a nutshell for children.
- - Ubuntu to reflect the best of libre software and modern computing.
-
- IN WHICH MOMENTS WE APPROACH MORE THAN THE USUAL TO WHAT WE WANT
- - When we center in work rather than in planning.
- - When holding communication to minimum.
- - When documentation in wiki is simple over complete.
- - When it is discussed before.
- - When processes are under a well planning.
-
- WHAT WE DO DIFFERENT UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES
- - We focus in getting work done.
- - We focus in things to be simple.
- - We complete our points of view with other's.
- - We identify what is actually really important.
- - We ask ourselves how much value the work been done is inducing.
-
- WHAT THOUGHTS WE HAVE WHEN DOING THIS
- - That work is what makes real feedback with reality.
- - That simplicity is what really makes you know you're doing right.
- - That all of us together are the greates knowledge power.
- - That working just in the most important thing is what makes commits easy.
- - That we want is the true reference.
-
- WHAT ELSE THINKS WHO IS SUCCESSFUL HERE
- - That people who created everything around you is not smarter than you.
- - That doing the kind of things that works, it does for everyone.
- - That trusting in the above is what is important.
- - That doing better is not about working harder, but to be able to get it right by working less.
- - That only the 20% of work that gets the 80% of worth is the really important one.
- - That you'll never get tired of working in something that makes sense to you.
- - That working in what you feel is of value is what will make you to distinguish, although you don't know why in the beginning.
- - That uncertainty is natural when taking targets never done before, and assuming it is the difference between who dreams about it and actually gets it.
- - That leadership is just taking work others are scared off.
- - That he isn't what he thinks or does: it just does it because he wants it.
- - That is natural that people rather believe in their points of view, because are these of what they will have always a better level of detail of.
- - That with simplicity comes beauty, and beauty reflects potential.
- - That everyone knows what knows, and doesn't know what doesn't know.
- - That all together know much more than a genius itself.
- - That trust is the greatest interpersonal prize, and transparency is what creates it.
-
- **********************
-  REMAINING ACTIONS
- **********************
-
- # "[o]" tag means "available to be worked on".
- # "[x]" tag means "awaits a previous action to be completed, so don't touch".
- # "[v]" tag means "action finished (and you can review it)"
-
- # You can help with any of these actions by writing at the end of it the date for sure it will be ended (YYYY-MM-DD-weekday), if it isn't today.
- # If you need nobody to touch the piece of work you took, write your name without spaces as tag.
- # You can modify this list as you find it is needed, but keep finished actions: the project coordinator will delete them when needed.
- # For shared information, create wiki pages in wiki.ubuntu.com (remember to delete them some days after if needed), and paste its link under the title.
-
- WE REBRAND THE PROJECT TO FIT DESIGN.UBUNTU.COM
- - [AlbertoSalviaNovella] I redesign logos (2013-11-03-sunday).
-
- WE REDEFINE WHAT A PAPERCUT IS
- - [o] I expand the definition of papercut to include any package with a valoration of four or five stars, with at least of 20 reviews, in the Software Center.
- - [o] I reduce the definition of papercut to not include by default packages in Kubuntu.
- - [o] I reduce the definition of papercut to not include packages with a priority of "whislist" or "critical".
- - [o] I reduce the definition of papercut to not include packages where the affected package is "Linux".
- - [o] I reduce the definition of papercut to only include packages tagged with the latest release name, and the one under development.
-
- WE EDIT OUR WIKI
- - [o] I make the content of the wiki to be simple and make sense to any audience (children, elders and girlfriend included: http://www.philoking.com/2009/01/10/what-is-an-average-computer-user-classic-linux-user-thinking/)
- - [x] I mention that papercuts are usually easy to fix by developers, so the big work is all done by no programmers.
- - [x] I make clear that anyone can contribute.
- - [x] I explain how to perform steps in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FutureOfThePapercutsProject#A8._Emphasise_the_quantity_and_importance_of_non-developer_roles, in diferent wiki pages.
- - [x] I include how to search bugs that are prone to the different steps of bug management.
- - [x] I include how to easy identify bugs that could be potential papercuts.
- - [x] I mention you can ask the mail list in case of doubt.
- - [x] I include reference to resources that can help to learn to develop.
- - [x] I Mention that critical bugs cannot be papercuts.
- - [x] I Mention that a status of "opinion" can mean there is disagreement on whether or not it is actually a valid paper cut.
- - [x] I include information that comments in bug #1049082 suggest me.
-
- WE EDIT DESCRIPTIONS
- - [x] I make project description to be simple, attractive to colaborate, and properly linked with teams.
- - [x] I make "Papercuts Ninja" team description to be simple, attractive to colaborate, and properly linked with the project and the "Papercutters" team.
- - [x] I make "Papercutters" team description to be simple, attractive to colaborate, and properly linked with the project and the "Papercuts Ninja" team.
-
- WE REVIEW OTHER WIKIS
- - [o] I add pages in wiki.ubuntu.com that shall mention the papercuts project as tasks under this one.
-
- WE FILE LIMITATIONS OF LAUNCHPAD AS BUGS
- - [x] I list limitations of blueprints in Launchpad.
- - [x] I file limitations of blueprints in Launchpad.
- - [x] I ask people to comment in limitations of blueprints in Launchpad.
-
- WE GATHER SCENES FOR A PROMOTIONAL VIDEO OF UBUNTU COMMUNITY
- - [o] I make a wiki page for users to paste urls of their videos.
- - [x] I draw up the email that will tell media that we're filming a promotional video for Ubuntu where anyone can participate by filming in a short line why they use Ubuntu
- - [x] I paste the wiki link in the email drew up.
- - [o] I list media that will be interested in spreading the intention of filming this video.
- - [x] I list the medium of contact that will be used for contacting every media.
- - [x] I asociate medias with the same type of medium of contact.
- - [x] I send the email to media and "Ubuntu Quality" team.
-
- WE MOUNT THE VIDEO
- - [x] I ask for proposals for background music(http://www.jamendo.com/es/search?qs=fq=license_cc:%28sa%20AND%20-nd%20AND%20-nc%29&q=*:*&bf=recip%28rord%28rate_listened_week%29,1,100,100%29^200)
- - [x] I ask "Canonical User Experience and Design" team for suggestions.
- - [x] I mount the video.
- - [x] I publish the video on YouTube.
- - [x] I paste the link in bug #1049082
-
- WE COMMUNICATE THE PROJECT TO DEVELOPERS
- - [o] I write the e-mail that will be send around the world.
- - [o] I include the Ubuntu Comunity video link in the email.
- - [o] I list teams e-mails in Launchpad that will be interested in knowing this project.
- - [o] I list teams e-mails outside Launchpad that will be interested in knowing this project.
- - [o] I list corporations e-mails that will be interested in knowing this project.
- - [o] I list universities e-mails that will be interested in knowing this project.
- - [x] I ask for a week the information to be reviewed.
- - [x] I send the e-mail to all the listed directions.
- - [x] 60 days after, We delete the unused wiki pages.
-
- WE COMMUNICATE THE PROJECT TO MEDIA
- - [o] I list media that will be interested in spreading that this project has been redesigned for been easy to get involved in open source.

--
One Hundred Papercuts will make Ubuntu shine
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/hundredpapercuts/+spec/other-design-p-papercuts-shine