Re: Common situations where a bug isn't real

On 17/06/14 00:02, Brian Murray wrote:
> The language "isn't real" is likely to aggravate people and rightfully
> so.

So changing "isn't real" for "isn't fixable by Ubuntu".

I'm also changing the page's ubication to <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/One%20Hundred%20Papercuts/Work-flow/Triage/Fixable>

On 16/06/14 23:08, C de-Avillez wrote:
Be careful with #1 (it is not open source) -- it may have been
packaged by Debian (or Ubuntu), and it may be a packaging issue.

Nio Wiklund:
'Such problems are not bugs in any Ubuntu package'

Does the following correction fit what your mean?:

"Its software hasn't been packaged by Ubuntu, but by a third party."

C de-Avillez:
Being an idea for a new feature can be closed and the OP redirected to
upstream to propose it. In the cases where Ubuntu is the upstream, the
bug can be kept open, and an upstream task opened.

I have rewritten it as:

"It is an idea for a new feature in a software developed outside Launchpad."

I think that, with this redaction, the idea of suggesting upstream is understood implicitly.

C de-Avillez:
The last one is just a particular case of system misconfiguration.

I have tested making this a subpoint of system misconfiguration, but it looked easier to read if every point was in the same level as the rest; specially being only five items there.

Cory Baudier:
> - The users system files have become misconfigured.
>
> - The users "/etc/apt/sources.list" file has become corrupted.

Cory Baudier:
> As much as I hate to say his system, I realize more and more users are
> becoming female so I figured "users" would fit better in this context.

Stephen M. Webb:
> note that it's still a bug if the system was automatically misconfigured by a software package

I have rewritten them like this:

- The user misconfigured the system.
- The user mangled the "/etc/apt/sources.list" file.

So it looks like fitting both requirements.

On 17/06/14 00:58, Cory Baudier wrote:
> Alberto, I believe you are one of the most active folks and contribute a
> great deal, so keep em coming and great work.

Thank you :)