Re: Improving this project

Timothy Arceri:
I really like your energy but I think you might have better luck
contributing to a different project.

If you want to know, I knew that from day number one.

Just happens I have plenty of luck. And, in the worst case, we will end with a bug fixing system that we can reuse for life.

Timothy Arceri:
> The only way you can improve it is by attracting more
> developers but even then most of the bugs are hard to fix because they
> are about the gui and everyone has a different opinion on how things
> should work, the hard part is not creating a patch but convincing the
> project maintainers its the correct way to do things.

Do you mean that patches usually lead to disagreements with project maintainers?

And when you say "convincing the project maintainers", what are you referring to? Convincing them of making the fix, or of accepting the fix?

One thing that smells a lot is that Canonical is focusing more in reporting bugs fast than patching bugs.

Timothy Arceri:
> I'm sorry to say but I truly believe the only way this project will
> get moving again is if Canonical starts taking it seriously again but
> they seem to have stopped caring a long time ago.

It's just that the people who wants to contribute is usually technical skilled, or just they feel not skilled enough to help with bugs.

So the key aspect this project to succeed is to make bug fixing easy and fast by design, by slow cooking:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muri_%28Japanese_term%29>
<http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/PDCA_Process.png>
<https://share.ehs.uen.org/node/7984>