papercutters team mailing list archive

[Blueprint other-design-p-papercuts-shine] The "hundredpapercuts" project will make the Ubuntu experience to shine

Blueprint changed by Alberto Salvia Novella:

Whiteboard changed:
  *********
   TARGET
  *********

  WHAT WE WANT TO GET
  - The Ubuntu experience to be a pleasure.

  HOW WE WANTED IT TO BE LIKE, IN DETAIL
  - Bug management to be agile and simple.
  - Unable to find small flaws in the desktop.
  - Have the impression the desktop is rock solid.
  - Feel that the Ubuntu desktop usage experience is the most reliable of any operating system.
  - Feel the Ubuntu usage like a toy.
  - Getting involved in Ubuntu development to be a nutshell for children.
  - Ubuntu to reflect the best of libre software and modern computing.

  WHAT BELIEVES WHO IS SUCCESSFUL HERE
  - That people who created everything around you is not smarter than you.
  - That doing the kind of things that works, it does for everyone.
  - That trusting in the above is what is important.
  - That doing better is not about working harder, but to be able to get it right by working less.
  - That only the 20% of work that gets the 80% of worth is the really important one.
  - That you'll never get tired of working in something that makes sense to you.
  - That working in what you feel is of value is what will make you to distinguish, although you don't know why in the beginning.
  - That uncertainty is natural when taking targets never done before, and assuming it is the difference between who dreams about it and actually gets it.
  - That leadership is just taking work others are scared off.
  - That he isn't what he thinks or does: it just does it because he wants it.
  - That is natural that people rather believe in their points of view, because are these of what they will have always a better level of detail of.
  - That with simplicity comes beauty, and beauty reflects potential.
  - That everyone knows what knows, and doesn't know what doesn't know.
  - That all together know much more than a genius itself.
  - That trust is the greatest interpersonal prize, and transparency is what creates it.

  IN WHICH MOMENTS WE APPROACH MORE THAN THE USUAL TO WHAT WE WANT
  - When we center in work rather than in planning.
  - When holding communication to minimum.
  - When documentation in wiki is simple over complete.
  - When it is discussed before.
  - When processes are under a well planning.

  WHAT WE DO DIFFERENT UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES
  - We focus in getting work done.
  - We focus in things to be simple.
  - We complete our points of view with other's.
  - We identify what is actually really important.
  - We ask ourselves how much value the work been done is inducing.

  **********************
   REMAINING ACTIONS
  **********************

- DRAFT THE BLUEPRINT
+ WE DRAFT THE BLUEPRINT
  - [AlbertoSalviaNovella] I write instructions.
  - [x] I write remaining actions.
  - [x] I notify remaining actions to be written.
  - [x] I await feedback for two days.
  - [x] I adapt blueprint information.

- FEEDBACK LIMITATIONS OF LAUNCHPAD
+ WE FEEDBACK LIMITATIONS OF LAUNCHPAD
  - [x] I list limitations of blueprints in Launchpad.
  - [x] I file limitations of blueprints in Launchpad.
+ - [x] I ask people to comment in limitations of blueprints in Launchpad.

--
The "hundredpapercuts" project will make the Ubuntu experience to shine
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/hundredpapercuts/+spec/other-design-p-papercuts-shine