pbxt-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: goal 0 of embedde pbxt reached || (was: Re: PBXT: Embedded Database (library))

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Martin Scholl <ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As this is my first posting, I'd like to say "hello" to you all.

Hello. I like this project.

>> This raises the question of whether to use the MySQL handler interface, or
>> to go in and replace ha_pbxt.cc altogether.
>
> I'd propose to skip ha_pbxt.cc altogether and stick with a dedicated (and
> pbly simplified) embedded API. ha_pbxt.cc is not part of the current
> build-set anyways. :-)
>
> One of the things I like the most about libraries like Tokyo Cabinet is its
> straight-forward API. I would love to see embedded PBXT be easy like this as
> well.
>
> Embedded InnoDB's API might be a good start and reference for an API sketch:
> http://www.innodb.com/doc/embedded_innodb-1.0/

I like the HANDLER interface but only to get a faster path into MySQL.
The embedded InnoDB API has good documentation, so you wouldn't have
to write much. I read the manual but have yet to use the API.

--
Mark Callaghan
mdcallag@xxxxxxxxx