pbxt-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: goal 0 of embedde pbxt reached ||

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 14:54:23 +0100, MS <ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Or even stick to drizzle's table.proto completely and leaving everything
> elese out. The de-/serialization part is then just trivial. We could
> even store the protobuf definitions in a special system row
> file... :-)

This is what I'm doing with the embedded-innodb engine (a storage engine
for Drizzle that uses the embedded innodb library).

Note that ever generating a FRM is roughly akin to making life from the
raw chemicals... you may want to store it there too. If the proto was
used internally, you could store it there alongside the FRM.

This could be a on-disk upgrade path from mysql to drizzle...

or, for embedded, from embedded to drizzle.

Taking a bunch of data on disk in an embedded engine and being able to
query it using SQL can be useful.

--
Stewart Smith