pbxt-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: NDB rename and delete table

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 10:19:42 +0100, Paul McCullagh <paul.mccullagh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In particular I am interested in how NDB handles RENAME and DELETE
> TABLE operations.
>
> CREATE TABLE is fairly easy: pass the .frm file, and then the other
> MySQL instances can access the table using the table discovery
> mechanism.
>
> But how does NDB communicate the fact that a table has been renamed or
> deleted to the MySQL instance?

through the normal binlog...

so it isn't that special...

however... to get the SQL events into the binlog on multiple SQL nodes,
that's special (and horrific).

If doing simple master/slave, i'd go along the idea of adding something
to the engine to put in its replication stream about renames and deletes
and then execute them on the slave side (perhaps with calls to the upper
layer).

--
Stewart Smith