pbxt-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: Filesystem-cache and PBXT

Hi,

afaik, there's no specific technique used to utilize the fact that a record might be in FS cache like cheap random access or something... Another thing - does PBXT depend on cheap random access at all. I used blkstat on DBT2 and it appears that there's still some room for improvement (e.g. for .xtd file write pattern) but in general most of I/O is sequential. Also this will depend on whether you have fixed format rows.

BR,
Vlad