pbxt-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: Primary Key ordering

Brian,

PBXT uses ISAM-type table layout but I guess you can "emulate" InnoDB by creating a covering index consisting of your original candidate key + all fields from the table (except probably blobs and other heavy-weight fields). This way your tables will look to optimizer much like InnoDB tables with some exceptions like e.g. MySQL kernel knows that InnoDB automatically adds PK as suffix to all other keys, which will not be true for your PBXT tables. etc... Of course having a relatively large PK also influences performance as data will be written twice - to the table and to the index, but OTOH in PBXT indexes are not synched on commit so the penalty might be not that severe...