pbxt-discuss team mailing list archive

HA_STATUS_CONST

Hi!

So I have noticed that in HA_STATUS_CONST you are updating the global table share. I am not positive about this, but it looks like it is quite possible for additional readers to come along and look at the keymap you are replacing. According to the documentation MySQL has a read lock on the table while ANALYZE is being run (and from a brief glance it looks like MyISAM might be setting one for thr as well). If you are overwriting the global indexes while this happens I think you might have an issue.

I do know from looking at Drizzle that you can stomp the keymap while doing this. I would think it would make sense to what Innodb is doing for concurrency reasons (which is that I believe it just updates the local keycap).

Just my 0.02 about it.

Cheers,
   -Brian

Follow ups