percona-discussion team mailing list archive

Re: simple optimizations

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Baron Schwartz <baron@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yeah, but... changing checksum would instantly result in all pages
> being "corrupt", no?

Yes, so it warrants a new Innodb file format: antelope, barracuda, .... checksum
As soon as I get a nehalem I will find out how much faster HW support
for crc helps.

Eventually, xtra-backup may get far enough along that you need to
introduce a new InnoDB file format and at that point you can change
the file format.

--
Mark Callaghan
mdcallag@xxxxxxxxx