phatch-dev team mailing list archive

EXIF.py -> drop support for Pexif.* and Zexif.* tags?

Hi,
I just integrated EXIF.py in Phatch. It offers read only access to
exif tags (EXIF* and MakerNote*), similar to PILs feature (which gives
Pexif and Zexif tags). You can check this with Tools>Image Inspector
I'd like to drop support for Pexif and Zexif in Phatch as:
- this will make Phatch a little bit faster (less tags to extract for
each image)
- EXIF has better database of exif tag names
- it probably clutters the user interface and experience with
unnecessary functionality

The only reason we should keep Pexif and Zexif, is if they provide
tags that EXIF.py don't but I doubt it.

What do you think?

Stani

--