phatch-dev team mailing list archive

Automatic showing/hiding descriptions

Most people didn't realize that action lists have descriptions. I
wonder if any Phatch 0.1 user has noticed. Descriptions play an
important role for library action scripts. In order to not keep them
hidden, Phatch now will display the description if the action list has
one. As this information is mostly useful when you open the action
list and only takes screen space after you've read it, I let it
disappear after 5 seconds. (5 seconds is the default duration for
notifications on Ubuntu and should give enough time to read.) The
description field can later also be used for tooltips, as tooltips on
the tree control are not possible. What I like about that idea is that
people can turn on an off tooltips with the existing interface.
What is your feedback on this?
Stani

PS The code is available in revision 853.

--
Phatch Photo Batch Processor - http://photobatch.stani.be
SPE Python IDE - http://pythonide.stani.be