phatch-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Actions

@Juho Vepsäläinen

You make very nice organisation of actions. I only dislike Input, FIle and Output categories. I think these actions can be put under File category. Lesser number of categories will be more ease to use than bigger number.

Filters can be organise with category droplist system:

File (link)
Transform (link)
Color (link)
Filters
   Blur (link)
   Noise (link)
   Distort (link)
Plugins (link)

Tagging system Phatch currently is using is great, because it is possible to have action which user wont be sure where to search. But again, if a lot of actions belong to more than 1 category, than is questionable need for categories because everything can be found everywhere. Having actions in more than one category should be avoid if possible, and be used only for special cases.

Regards,
Igor Kekeljevic