phatch-dev team mailing list archive

Re: IMPORTANT: deadline for phatch in ubuntu this weekend

I think I could patch / work on / have a very minimal multi-threaded /
multi-process version this weekend.

But I would not consider such a patch written in a weekend ready to be
the default. But it could be a command line (or maybe GUI) parameter.

Specially multi-threaded is (as weird as it might sound) easier to
implement and as far as I've seen also yield significant speed
improvements. (Fully realising and agreeing with other people's points
about contention (which is hard to track) and the general dangers of
threaded code :)

I will try and look at current patch and try port my previous MP work
into a minimalistic patch.

After that you can always decide to incorperate or not this into a
release.

Regards,
Bas