phatch-dev team mailing list archive

Phatch 0.2.7 is released!

Hi all,

I am happy to announce that yesterday Phatch 0.2.7 was finally
released. It is not yet publicly announced yet, but you can get the
source code with:
http://photobatch.stani.be/download/package/phatch-0.2.7.1.tar.gz
http://photobatch.stani.be/download/package/phatch-0.2.7.1.zip

Thanks everyone who contributed!

This is the list of sites where Phatch can be announced, if you have
an account on one of them and want to help announcing, please let me
know (other suggestions are welcome of course):
http://freshmeat.net/
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python.announce
http://pypi.python.org
http://groups.google.com/group/wxpython-users
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16
http://blenderartists.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Phatch 0.2.7 will soon be included in Debian (and derived distros such
as Ubuntu), Fedora and ArchLinux.

Phatch 0.2.8 will be the first release where we will provide
installers for Windows and Mac OS X. The development has already been
started at full speed.

We changed our policy to make your inbox more quite. This phatch-dev
team is no longer subscribed to launchpad activity. If you want to get
launchpad updates of Phatch development, you need to join the
phatch-launchpad team:
https://launchpad.net/~phatch-launchpad

As Nadia is building quality in our development process by working
hard on the test suite, I tried also to bring some improvements for
developers:
- bzr precommit hook: this will check your code by pep8, doctests and
licensecheck before you can commit
- developer documentation, which now includes how to use bzr,
launchpad, and various other topics (even our pycon paper)

I won't repeat myself, so read the docs by 'Help>Developer
Documentation' from the Phatch docs. If you want to contribute to
Phatch, you need to install the bzr precommit hook.

Please check if there is something you want to work on (or propose
something else):
https://launchpad.net/phatch/+milestone/0.2.8

If you don't have time for development but use Mac or Windows we need
you for betatesting our py2exe on Windows and py2app versions on Mac
OS X.

I hope to hear from you (do reply all to answer to the mailing list)!

Best regards,

Stani
PS In case you missed our presentation: here is the video
http://pycon.blip.tv/file/3332781/
--
Phatch Photo Batch Processor - http://photobatch.stani.be
SPE Python IDE - http://pythonide.stani.be