phatch-dev team mailing list archive

Re: pyexiv2 0.2.0 released

I had a quick look and it looks really good!

Reading the documentation, I have the following questions:
- Are raw_value extracted lazily or all they all extracted with metadata.read()?
- Does metadata.copy also copy previews?
- Does tag.value give unicode strings of tag.raw_value if eg some
chinese is stored in the tag?

We are finishing the Phatch 0.2.* releases (our last stage is Windows
and Mac installers) and for Phatch 0.3 we will use this.  We got
requests for XMP support, so it will be nice to integrate that.
Olivier, I don't know if you looked to the Phatch image inspector but
it is a GUI frontend to pyexiv2 ;-) It allows you to edit metadata in
a grid for images individually or collectively (by row).

Congratulations with the new release!

Stani

--
Phatch Photo Batch Processor - http://photobatch.stani.be