phpdevshell team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #193668]: file_get_contents and curl are slow

Question #193668 on PHPDevShell changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/phpdevshell/+question/193668

Summary changed to:
file_get_contents and curl are slow

Description changed to:
Hello, again.  I'm retrieving XML from a website using file_get_contents
and curl and both methods are pretty slow.  file_get_contents takes from
one to three seconds for each request and curl takes 5 or 6 times as
long.  I know this isn't an issue with the remote site because I can
just put the url in my browser and the XML is retrieved very quickly.  I
suspect that I'm not configuring curl optimally but I can't imagine
what's wrong with file_get_contents.  Could my PHPDevShell configuration
be slowing these requests down somehow?

edit: I meant file_get_contents, of course.

PHPDevShell, which is an answer contact for PHPDevShell.