phpdevshell team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #209172]: How can I interact with a remote database in my own plugins?

Question #209172 on PHPDevShell changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/phpdevshell/+question/209172

Greg proposed the following answer:
You got the principle right :) however you don't have to override any
method, as long you wan to connect to a Mysql server.

class test_connector extends PHPDS_legacyConnector
{
	protected $dbHost = "localhost";
	protected $dbName = "test";
	protected $dbUsername = "username";
	protected $dbPassword = "userpassword";
}

class test_query extends PHPDS_query
{

	protected $connector = "test_connector";
	protected $sql = "SHOW TABLES";
}

                $tables = $this->db->invokeQuery('test_query');

		print '<pre>';
		print_r($tables);
		print '</pre>';

You just have to provide the query with the connector class name, and it
will handle the black magic for you

PHPDevShell, which is an answer contact for PHPDevShell.