pkgme-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Quickly and pkgme

On 13 August 2012 17:27, Michael Terry <michael.terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon 13 Aug 2012 12:18:03 EDT, Jonathan Lange wrote:
>>
>> As safely as any other GPLd Python code.
>

> I meant in the sense that it is not designed for consumption by the main
> pkgme script.  That the API has stability.  Is there any documentation yet?
> (I haven't looked at the module yet, I'm just asking because it's packaged
> in Ubuntu in the pkgme package, instead of python-pkgme, which made me
> suspect it was tightly coupled with the main script.)

Ah, OK.

Using it directly? No, not really, unless you are using it via the
'backend' interface described on pkgme.net. i.e. running 'want' and
'all_info' to get packaging data.

However, you can use pkgme's APIs (pkgme.write_packaging, from memory)
and then pass it a list of allowed backends. You can then say that the
_only_ allowed backend is 'python'. That'll do the trick, and be quite
safe.

jml