puredyne-community team mailing list archive

Puredyne 9.10 (Carrot and Coriander) out now

sorry for crossposting. please forward; please drink soup:

Puredyne 9.10 - Carrot and Coriander
------------------------------------
Puredyne is a GNU/Linux live distribution aimed at creative people,
looking for tools outside the standard. It provides the best
experimental creative applications alongside a solid set of graphic,
audio and video tools in a fast, minimal package. For everything from
sound art to innovative filmmaking.

Puredyne is optimised for use in realtime audio and video processing. It
distinguishes itself by offering a low latency kernel and the high
responsiveness needed by artists working in this field.

Puredyne is based on Ubuntu and Debian Live. All packages provided by
Puredyne can be used if you are running this flavour of GNU/Linux.

http://puredyne.goto10.org/about.html

//

64-bit support!
---------------
(.. and more architectures to come...)

Starting with this release, we are happy to provide support for a new
experimental branch of Puredyne for 64-bit CPUs. We need your feedback
to develop this further, so please get one of these amd64 Puredyne CD or
DVD, and tell us how it works for you!

http://puredyne.goto10.org/download.html

//

Yeah, fork me baby!!!
---------------------
Thanks to broth, the mother of all soups, it is now very easy to make
your own Puredyne based recipe. Get the pan, mix in your ingredients
and cook slowly. Using broth, two new Puredyne/broth based distros have
been released:

 * Puredyne craftivism: a special liveUSB key specially made for the
   craftivism exhibition. You can purchase (at cost) this collector item
   at the Arnolfini Gallery in Bristol, UK. http://www.craftivism.net

 * sidistro: a greek flavoured distribution focussed on privacy and
   anonymity. http://sid.gr/doku.php/agenda/distro

Why not make one yourself? (and impress friends and family with
your very own livethingie)
https://launchpad.net/broth

//

Join the team!
--------------
(we have internets)

Do you like adventures? Giant robots, waterfalls and dinosaurs? Then
join the dev team! We are always looking for people to help us make
Puredyne a better distribution for musicians, artists and media
designers. We need help on all fronts! you can type a mail? you're
hired! :)

https://launchpad.net/puredyne
https://bugs.launchpad.net/puredyne
https://launchpad.net/~puredyne-team
https://launchpad.net/~puredyne-community

//

Free Libre Open Source Soup + Art
---------------------------------
(as seen in /usr/share/soup)

A nice soup, a classic combination made with both fresh and
ground coriander - but the fresh coriander added near the end of cooking
really adds the bright flavour of coriander to match with the carrot.

Ingredients
===========
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 large onion,diced
* 500g carrots, diced
* 1 teaspoon ground coriander
* 1.2 litres vegetable stock
* large bunch Fresh Coriander, roughly chopped
* Salt
* Black Pepper

Method
======
1. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan, to a medium heat.
2. Add the sliced carrots and diced onions. Cook for approximately 5
   minutes until they start to soften.
3. Add the ground coriander and salt & pepper. Cook for a further 1
   minute.
4. Add the vegetable stock bring the mixture to the boil. Simmer for
   10-15 minutes until the carrots are very soft.
5. Blend until smooth.
6. Add the fresh coriander.
7. Serve.

source: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:Carrot_and_coriander_soup
BY-SA 3.0

//
Puredyne is brought to you by the Puredyne team, with help and support
from GOTO10 and Arts Council England. Special Thanks to the Debian Live
project.

:*

---
Puredyne@xxxxxxxxxx