Subject: Re: [PD] Latency
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 19:35:14 +0200
From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: pd-list@xxxxxx

Hi,
On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 03:54:25PM +0000, Ed Kelly wrote:
Ah! I have an H2, although I've never considered it anything other than a
recorder (for the same sh*tty reason)

well, try it. All USB audio devices have the same (driver) latency, so
any will do as far as latency is concerned.

Check this site for some more setup hints:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Usb-audio

Especially "options snd-usb-audio nrpacks=1" can be useful. USB audio on
Linux can give you pretty nice latencies with a rt-kernel. Instead of
Jack, it may also be good to try "-oss" or "-alsa". In my (a bit old)
experience, -oss worked better than -jack.

Ciao
--
Frank