puredyne-team team mailing list archive

Version scheme

Hi all

Please, when you update packages choose the version string carefully
('carefully' in this context probably translates to 'as low as
possible') . I made a new version of the package pd-readanysf:

0.42-1~lucid~ppa1 (based on the version from pkg-multimedia and built
agains the upcoming releases of gmerlin-avdecoder and gavl)

But I cannot install it since the Pure:Dyne PPA has an older package
with the version:

0.42-1~ppa~lucid1

Since 0.42-1 is the debian version which I cannot change, the only way
to supersede the Pure:Dyne version is to stick with that scheme and make
my package:

0.42-1~ppa~lucid2

It's not a big deal, though, but I think '0.42-1~lucid~ppa1' would have
been nicer as it is the smallest possible version.

Roman