pyexiv2-developers team mailing list archive

memory problem

Hi,

I have written a small python app that uses the pyexiv2 library.  However, when running the app, I see an interesting behavior.

My app walks through a directory and its subfolders, renaming each file according to it exif data metadata.  It also writes the old filename to the xmp metadata fields as keywords.  The at first the app functions normally, memory usage is under control, the processor barely being used and near constant file I/O.  However, it came to a point where memory usage climbs, processor is maxed at 50% (only using one core). and disk I/O is very sporadic.

I get error messages to the console such as the below....

Warning: Directory NikonPreview, entry
0x0201: Data area exceeds data buffer, ignoring it.

I am wondering what might be causing this.  I cannot reproduce the error or the conditions using the exiv2 binary for windows.  It seems to read all the metadata without errors.  So I am not sure whether this is a bug in exiv2 or pyexiv2.

-Please Help
iform