pymarc-team team mailing list archive

Aleph Sequential MARC parsing code

Hi All,

I'm working on a project that involves multiple institutions with
various ILSes; I'm finding that from some Aleph institutions I'm
getting the strange Aleph Sequential transmission format for MARC. Tim
Prettyman at the University of Michigan has written some code for
MARC/Perl to parse this strange format, and accordingly, I've ported
some of his code with his permission. This patch adds two new
subclasses, one for MARCReader and one for Record; at this point, only
reading/decoding from Aleph Sequential works, not encoding to Aleph
Sequential.

Mark Matienzp