pyneighborhood team mailing list archive

[Question #126004]: failed to mount

New question #126004 on pyneighborhood:
https://answers.launchpad.net/pyneighborhood/+question/126004

In a terminal, this works:  sudo mount -t cifs //hostname/sharename /home/user/directory -o username=USERNAME,password=PASSWORD

When I try to mount the same share using pyneighborhood, I keep getting the error message "failed to mount".  Here are the options I have selected:

mount folder = /home/user/directory

nothing else is checked on the general tab.

Always use msbrowse is checked.

client command is smbclient

lookup command is nmblookup

enable smd is checked, the two commands are smbmount and smbumount

enable cifs is checked, the two commands are mount.cifs and umount.cifs

the file manager is xterm -e mc (mc is installed)

Can you tell me why I'm having this problem?  Thanks.

pyNeighborhood, which is an answer contact for pyneighborhood.