pyneighborhood team mailing list archive

[Question #142152]: Do not get any Groups or Computers in pyNeighborhood window.

Question #142152 on pyneighborhood changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/pyneighborhood/+question/142152

Description changed to:
I'm using Mythbuntu 10.10 and trying to get pyNeighborhood to see shared drives on pcs in my LAN.
I used Synaptic Package manager to add pyNeighborhood 0.5.0+debian-3
Mythbuntu uses the xfce desktop rather than Gnome, like regular Ubuntu.

pyNeighborhood does not see any of the shared folders on any computer in my LAN.
I have several Windows XP computers with shared folders.
I also have a Mythtv computer running Knoppmyth R5.5 (Debian, circa July 2008) with shared folders.

If I go to a web browser on the Mythbuntu pc, I can type
"smb://Knoppmyth" and get to the shared folder on the Knoppmyth computer
- proving that SAMBA is running ok, and SAMBA connections can be made.

I found a web post that said, "If you do not install Midnight Commander the mount command will not work successfully."
I installed mc (Midnight Commander), bebooted, and it did not help.

Are there any special configuration secrets I need to know?

Thanks,
Eric

pyNeighborhood, which is an answer contact for pyneighborhood.