pyneighborhood team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #219693]: update raspberry pi

Question #219693 on pyneighborhood changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/pyneighborhood/+question/219693

Description changed to:
I have dl and installed pyNeighborhood from the standard pi repository
using apt-get.  Unfortunately it fails to find any network shares - on
checking it is version 0.5.1. As I gather this might be resolved with
the latest release I would like to update it.

I have added apt-get-repository (not installed by default)  but have not
been able to update the version from your source?

I have used Linux before but have limited knowledge in this area.  Would
appreciate any help in how to add the correct repository and then update
the version - as much hand-holding / help as possible please

Just realised - not very helpful details, so hope this helps.

Adding repository:
 sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pyneighborhood/stable
pyneighborhood/stable
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /tmp/tmp.OO5AjPcj4d --trustdb-name /etc/apt//trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys

Trying to update I get:

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/pyneighborhood/stable/ubuntu/dists/lucid/Release
Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-armhf/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

Remembering I am a novice at this - I wonder why Executing line has
Ubuntu in it?

Help appreciate

TIA

pyNeighborhood, which is an answer contact for pyneighborhood.