pyopenssl-users team mailing list archive

Extending pyopenssl API

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I would like to
know your opinion about extending the pyopenssl to also include support
for ASN1, 3DES (and other ciphers) and DSA/RSA.

It looks like M2Crypto already provides that functionality but it also
add an extra dependency with SWIG or some projects (like Twisted) are
already using pyopenssl.

There is an merge proposal in Launchpad for RSA [1] but it looks like it
has not recent activity .

There is also a more recent branch for RC4 [2] support, but I could not
find the associated bug or discussion.

Unfortunately I could not find statement describing PyOpenSSL project
goals and project scope.

Are such functionalities wanted in PyOpenSSL?
Does they make sense to be part of PyOpenSSL?

Many thanks!

[1]
https://code.launchpad.net/~morgan-s-reed/pyopenssl/mr-RSAadditions/+merge/15119
[2] https://code.launchpad.net/~njoyce512/pyopenssl/rc4