pyopenssl-users team mailing list archive

Re: [pyOpenSSL] Moving to a new list

On 10:14 am, mal@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Jean-Paul,

BTW: What benefit do you see in switching mailing list hosts ?
Why not use python.org as host instead of LP or SF ? (I can
help with a python.org transition)

I'd like to get pyOpenSSL entirely off of sourceforge so that I no longer need to interact with sourceforge (as doing so is a perpetually unpleasant experience). I think everyone else in the community would benefit from this as well.

I chose Launchpad because it was easy to set up, and because that's where the rest of pyOpenSSL's infrastructure has moved. This was meant to make things easier and reduce confusion amongst potential community members.

I'm not sure this has succeeded. As you point out, there are some problems with Launchpad. If you'd like to spearhead a move of the mailing list to python.org-based hosting, that's fine with me. I can't offer much help with that move, but I'll do whatever I can to remove any roadblocks you encounter.

Jean-Paul