pyreport-dev team mailing list archive

Re: pyreport

Hi Bill,

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 04:32:46PM -0700, Bill Eaton wrote:
> Thank you for creating such a promising project. Pyreport looks very
> attractive to me both for a number of reasons.
>   1. I can make simple reports without too much work
>   2. It's almost a notebook interface like Mathematica or MathCAD

Thanks.

> I am struggling to get pyreport working on My Linux box at work. For some
> reason I have it working at home. I suspect that there is some kind of
> dependence that is not installed. I have installed docutils and even
> reportlab to be safe. I installed pyreport from the egg using easy_install.

> When I run pyreport on your bifurcation example, I got lots of errors.

A little while ago, there where problems in pyreport that rendered it
impossible to use under Python 2.6.  I see that you have pyreport 0.3.3.
Would you mind trying out with pyreport 0.3.4c (the latest). Using
easy_install, you can upgrade with 'easy_install -U pyreport' (the -U is
important to upgrade).

If this doesn't solve the problem, please report back.

HTH,

Gaël