pytagsfs team mailing list archive

Advanced tags patch

Hi all,

I'm new to both pytagsfs and Python. But I think pytagsfs has a lot of
potential and I'd really like to help improve it.

Here is a quick patch that should give pytagsfs the ability to read all text
tags from an MP3 file. Syntax is simple : %{FIELDNAME}, where FIELDNAME is
the actual ID3 nam1e, e.g. TIT2 for the track title, TPE2 for the
band/orchestra (this field is usually used to define an 'Album Artist', this
is useful for compilation discs).

It should maintain full compatibility with previous format strings : %l,
%{title}, etc. should still work.

I haven't done much testing so please play around with it a little bit and
let me know if something's broken.

wlof