pytagsfs team mailing list archive

Re: pytagsfs on Mac OS X 10.6

Hi Stephen,

On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 01:20:07PM -0700, Stephen Skory wrote:
> I believe I have solved my own problem. It appears I was running into
> the limit of number of open files, which was set to 256. Changing it
> to something larger (e.g. ulimit -n 1024) allows more files to be
> opened, and things now behave correctly when there are 125 files.

Glad to hear you got your issue resolved, and thank you for reporting back to
the mailing list.

> I've also attached the output of the test suite, as requested on the website
> for Mac OS X.

Thanks for doing this.  I'll have a look at the failures next time I'm working
on pytagsfs.  Anyone else that is interested in pytagsfs on OS X should feel
free to have a look, as it may be some time before I am able to.

> Thanks for listening. I think this is a really neat piece of software.

Glad you like it. ;)

-Forest
--
Forest Bond