python-quantities-developers team mailing list archive

implementation of units with absolute zeros

Have you decided exactly how you want to implement units that have absolute
zeros? At some point you wanted to have two different units for intervals
and absolutes (e.g. temperature differences vs absolute temperatures). I
assume that these will interact specially so most absolute units would have
an associated interval unit. Specifically:

1) absolute - absolute = interval
2) absolute + absolute  (not allowed)
3) absolute +- interval = absolute
4) interval + interval = interval

I ask about this because some of this comes up in implementing some of the
numpy member functions. I have implemented most of the numpy member
functions, and I am writing tests for them, but I think I will have to go
back and deal with interval vs. absolute units a bit.

Follow ups