python-quantities-developers team mailing list archive

Re: In place arithmetic

I looked at it for quite a while today, and I dont think there is a safe way
to support it. I could consider adding it back in if there is a big demand
for it. I think I remember you suggested not allowing in-place modification
of units in one of our first discussions, and I've finally come around to
that point of view.

We can still allow in-place arithmetic that doesnt modify the units.

I just pushed some big changes in the constants subpackage up to launchpad.

Darren