python-quantities-developers team mailing list archive

almost ready to post a request for comment at numpy discussion

I added support for customizable default units today. Yesterday I did a bit
of work to use numpy's sphinx extensions so we can pass through numpy's
docstrings and document the API with sphinx, I changed the documentation
decorator a little bit, extended the tutorial, implemented the regular
expression to properly convert integer powers to unicode superscript
characters, squashed a bunch of bugs, and there are some other improvements
I'm forgetting at the moment. I posted some new snapshots at
packages.python.org/quantities, please give them a try and let me know if
you find any problems.

I would like to post a request for comment at numpy discussion in the next
couple of days. I dont think I'm going to make any more changes to the
codebase for now, and I'm not planning to tag any new releases, but I need
to put a page together discussing how the package is designed. When thats
done, and the snapshots have seen some use, I'll make an announcement on the
numpy mailing list, hopefully next monday.

Darren

Follow ups