Various issues

Hello,

I'm back. How's it going? I've been living in a cave for the last month
:), so if I'm pestering you about something that has already been talked
about, then I apologise.

I remember about the button images. The Oxygen theme has icons for all
of the features except continuous mode, if I remember (and it's
dual-licenced, under GPL and CC). It would be good if we could get rid
of the ‘hidden’ buttons by the next stable release.

I also wanted to suggest that instead of having the 1/2 page and 1/2
column modes, we should have 2 binary options (continuous and dual) that
can be activated independently of each other. It would be easier for the
buttons too (we'd only have two buttons, and therefore only one more
image to find instead of two).

And about the single toolbar, I think that the current degree of control
over their contents afforded by editing the config should do away with
the need of having multiple toolbars. Or maybe you can have two, but
each having all the available options (if you want, say, to put them in
different places).

Regarding the document TOC (Outline) links not working: they work only
for a few documents; for most, they work only partially or not at all.
I have attached a book for which they don't work at all. I don't know if
most of my documents are corrupt or not, but in evince they do work.

I've also noticed that scaling produces some artifacts. Fiddling around
with my resolution settings didn't help. Can you reproduce it with the
book that I've sent you? Set the window size to 1024·768 and the layout
to single page continuous and fit to width. Then go to page 1 (14 of
231), row 7 (‘ontology. Other kinds…’).

Can you see the row being stretched and those weird looking ‘s’ glyphs?
Of course, it happens in other places too, but this one was the only
handy example. (And it obviously only happens for a some zoom levels.)

And it also has the nasty habit of segfaulting when I make changes in
the ‘Settings…’ dialogue if any file is loaded. It seems to happen
regardless of what options it's built with. I'm using poppler-0.18.4-r1
from Portage, by the way, but I suppose this doesn't happen to you.

Regards,
Andi