Re: [Question #228974]: Implementing desktop icons

Adam Reichold posted a new comment:
Hello again,

I don't think there is a generic solution on the application level, but
you could of course try to fix Qt's icon theme detection. The exact
preconditions under which this works are not clear to me yet, but I
think you will need "gconf"  and/or a suitable "gtkrc" present on your
system. Some people also reported that they had to set environment
variables, but I don't really remember. I suggest searching various
forums for the details. (Or if this is really important to you, the
details can be found in method
"QGuiPlatformPlugin::systemIconThemeName()" in file
"src/gui/kernel/qguiplatformplugin.cpp" of the Qt 4 source.)

The application itself setting the name of the icon theme that will be
requested by Qt is a workaround at best. We only added this, because the
situation seems somewhat unclear and it could possibly spare some users
a "gconf" dependency.

Regards, Adam.

qpdfview, which is an answer contact for qpdfview.